It’s SOLD! 1415 Baytowne Ci E., Sandestin, Miramar Beach, Florida 32550
Sold! 1415 Baytowne Ci. E., Sandestin, Miramar Beach, Florida 32550
Factors contributing to the sale:
- Pricing analysis was done taking into account the condition of the Sandestin home, which was excellent, but also the non-updated aspects of the home. The kitchen and bathrooms had not been updated since the house was built in 2003. Competing properties were mostly updated, so this was a pricing factor.
- Research was done to get the original building plans, as this Sandestin home had been custom built. It had a very angled design and apparently this caused a major square footage discrepancy with public records. The Walton County Property Appraiser website said it was 3323 square feet (a hard to measure home). The building plans said 2935 square feet. I verified this with the original architect, and, of course, we want to be accurate in presentation. Most agents would have just used the property appraiser record. In this case, the actual square footage was lower by almost 400 square feet! Square footage is a major pricing factor.
- The home was extremely cluttered. The owners had a lifetime of collectibles and furniture. They were elderly and had to leave the area on a specific schedule. I volunteered to prepare the home for showings, and they gave me free reign after they left. I enlisted the help of my husband, and we spent a day putting away every knick-knack, statue, plate, doily and extraneous piece of furniture. When I showed the photos of the changes to my seller, they could not believe their eyes!
- We did not do a “coming soon” listing, as I have seen sometimes delays in sales due to agents being overly ambitious.
- I accompanied the photographer to point out appropriate shots with my design eye. Sometimes they don’t catch the “ahhh” angle.
- My MLS listing was meticulously documented with all required homeowners association documents. I paid a service to obtain the most up-to-date covenants, deed restrictions, etc., for the three associations – Baytowne East, Raven Oaks and Sandestin.
- My documentation also included a raised seal survey, building floor plans, termite coverage information, roof warranty, seller disclosure and more.
- I wrote the MLS description keeping in mind only the first 800 characters are seen by a quick-scanning public or other agent. This description highlights fast and beguiling facts about the home, and unique characteristics. Not too fluffy, but creative and descriptive.
When the Sandestin listing hit on the market, there were immediate showings. One produced a full price, as is, cash offer and it was accepted by the seller.
1415 Baytowne Ci. E, Sandestin, Miramar Beach, Florida sold for $965,000.
It’s Wendy… It’s Sold!
Wendy Rulnick, Broker, Rulnick Realty, Inc.
Email Wendy: [email protected]
Wendy Rulnick, Broker, lists and sells real estate in Destin, Santa Rosa Beach, 30A, Miramar Beach, Crestview, Sandestin, Seaside, Rosemary Beach, Okaloosa Island, Fort Walton Beach, Niceville, Freeport, Bluewater Bay, Navarre, Florida.