Now that your Florida house is under contract, here is a quick cheat sheet of what to expect next!
Timeline to Closing:
- EARNEST MONEY Buyer will deposit earnest money within the number of days specified in the contract, usually with the contract or within Three Days.
- LOAN COMMITMENT Mortgage lender will work on buyer’s loan commitment by reviewing buyer’s credit, verifying employment, bank statements, tax returns, etc. (Four – Five Weeks)
- TITLE SEARCH Title agent will perform a title search by checking public records to ensure clear title can be passed to buyer, checking for liens against the property. Title agent will contact existing mortgage holders to order payoff amounts to disburse to them at closing and to calculate net proceeds to seller.
- HOME INSPECTION Buyer will have home inspection (usually within Ten Days). This inspection may include a Wind Mitigation Inspection, or that may be performed separately. Seller required to repair items per the contract.
- APPRAISAL Mortgage lender will order an appraisal of the property to ensure loan value is supported by appraised value. (The appraiser typically has Five-Seven business days to return the report to the lender after it’s ordered, which may not be for a couple of weeks)
- WDO INSPECTION Home will be inspected for wood-destroying infestation, e.g. termites, wood rot, carpenter ants, carpenter bees, etc. (within 30 days of closing)
- SURVEY If needed, a new one will be ordered within a couple of weeks. Complete by closing.
- PRE-CLOSING WALK-THROUGH Buyer will walk-through the day before closing, or morning of closing, to ascertain completion of any inspection repairs, condition of property. Utilities must be left on for the walk-through.
It’s Wendy… It’s Sold!
Wendy Rulnick, Broker, Rulnick Realty, Inc.
Call 850-650-7883 ext 204
Email Wendy: [email protected]
Wendy Rulnick, Broker, sells real estate in Destin, Santa Rosa Beach, 30A, Miramar Beach, Seagrove Beach, Watercolor, Sandestin, Seaside, Rosemary Beach, Fort Walton Beach, Niceville, Bluewater Bay, Navarre, Florida.