This home at 552 Woodlow Rd., Niceville Florida has been approved for short sale. Bank of America is the mortgage holder. It took 3.5 months to approve, but felt like a year. Why?
1. August 2011 – Bank of America assigned the file to a HAFA specialist before the home was under contract
2. October, 2011 – Bank of America sent an appraiser to the Niceville Florida home
3. After months of phone calls and follow ups, the file was “decommissioned” from the HAFA program
4. February 2012 – The Niceville Florida home goes under contract
5. March 30, 2012 – The Bank of America negotiator states she sent the file to the investor for short sale approval
6. April 6, 2012 – The negotiator says the investor requests additional documents, which we provide
7. May 4, 2012 – A “new” negotiator is assigned to the file. The previous negotiator had not responded to multiple inquiries. More documents are requested.
8. May 23, 2012 (can you believe this?) – The purchase price is countered by Bank of America/the investor
9. June 12, 2012 – The short sale is approved!
Was the process long? Yes. Arduous? Yes. Successful? Yes! If you need to sell your Niceville Florida home as a short sale, be sure to contact an attorney and a Niceville Florida short sale specialist.
Wendy Rulnick, Broker, Rulnick Realty, Inc.
Call toll-free 1-877-487-9639 or local 850-650-7883 ext 204
Email Wendy: [email protected]
Wendy Rulnick, Broker, is a short sale and pre-foreclosure specialist and has been featured in “Kiplinger Personal Finance Magazine” and “Florida Realtor Magazine”. She has successfully helped hundreds of families avoid foreclosure through short sale along the Emerald Coast of Florida. Wendy Rulnick is knowledgeable in all aspects of short sale, including VA Compromise Sale, FHA HUD pre-foreclosure sale, HAP military PCS, HAFA, Bank of America Coop program and more. She is also co-founder of www.ShortSaleSuperstars.com and short sale instructor to agents across the United States. Wendy Rulnick sells real estate in Destin, Santa Rosa Beach, Fort Walton Beach, Niceville, Bluewater Bay, Navarre, Seagrove Beach, Watercolor, Sandestin, Seaside, Crestview, Rosemary Beach, Mary Esther, Shalimar, Panama City Beach, Eglin AFB, Hurlburt Field.