Offering on a House? How to Lose!
It’s a seller’s market on the Emerald Coast of Florida. Real estate agents will tell you they cannot find inventory for their buyers! There are way more buyers than sellers and properties are selling almost instantly.
Instead of telling you how to WIN the house – I am going to tell you how to LOSE. Use some of the following techniques and be sure to not get your contract accepted:
- Don’t have a pre-approval or proof of funds letter. Let the seller and her agent guess if you are qualified, because you told your agent you were.
- Don’t offer full price or MORE. Offer low. The seller will counter-offer yours because they don’t have other offers OVER asking (NOT!)
- Don’t put down a reasonable amount for earnest money. Show them how un-serious you are.
- Don’t use an “as is” contract. Ask for the full repair limit, yeah – that will make you competitive.
- Don’t ask seller to pay only their own closing costs. Ask them to pay everything for you. They are desperate to sell, right?
I hope you understand my sarcasm. If you are serious about buying a house or condo in Destin or the surrounding towns, don’t fiddle around. You will likely have ONE SHOT at getting your offer accepted. Make it strong.
It’s Wendy… It’s Sold!
Wendy Rulnick, Broker, Rulnick Realty, Inc.
Email Wendy: [email protected]
Wendy Rulnick, Broker, sells real estate in Destin, Santa Rosa Beach, 30A, Miramar Beach, Crestview, Sandestin, Seaside, Rosemary Beach, Fort Walton Beach, Niceville, Bluewater Bay, Navarre, Florida.